Drop in Open Market Selling Price

superman1979

Did any one else notice the drop in value of a car on the Vrt calculator as of this morning?
Was waiting for July 1st cause of the Vrt change and saving
Im going to be registering a 02 320d MSport and the Open Market Selling Price has dropped over 2k between yesterday and today.
Good news for me, cause less to pay!!!
Can see this causing alot of trouble accross second hand car market

Well im saving 2k cause of the drop from 30% to 20% on the vrt.
But the worth of the car has dropped from €17500 to €15500.
Makes no difference to me but that sort of drop to people in the business and have similar cars in there stock is going to cripple them. eg. 10 similar cars at same sort of drop in price is €20,000 in profit

same,

26th june vrt inquiry on 05 car - OMSP € 24k - VRT : € 7.200

today: OMSP € 21k - VRT : € 4,200

yipee.........

only thing is that tax on the old system which is disgraceful when you can confirm Co2 emmissions....

same again,

bringing in a 08 320D M Sport. Yesterday the OMSP was 47,777, today 38597

€1,469 saving on the VRT when comparing both against 16% or €8,158 compared with 30%.

Also will be on the new tax so only 150, sweat.

massive savings to be had, this is my second car i bought in north.
got one last year and saved 3.5k and trying sell it now.
This is going to cause awful upset in second had market, with the amount of second car dealers around and the cuts there going to take

Anyone know where I can get a list of june new car prices (vw passat) compared to July (i.e the new and old price based on the new and old vrt rates). Trying to get an idea of how much the OMSP of a 2007 passat should have dropped by with todays figures.
Also, if anyone could tell me how much a mettallic paint extra would cost on a new passat.
Thanks,
Wexfordman

mahon
in relation to your purchase and payment of vrt on your 08 BMW was there are question in relation to your vat liability
did you need to give proof of mileage and that it was purchased after it was 6 months old

When bringing in a car from UK is the VRT due from the day/date you bought car / or the day /date you present it to the customs to pay the duty.....

Thanks

a question that is asked a lot, as soon as you land you have 24 hours to pay vrt and get car registered, and put on new number plates. the date you go to vrt office is the date they use.

noah

so for an 08 car in relation to vat liability, there is therefore no proof needed that it was purchased after 6 months as long as you present the car when it is six months old

Just one word of note on bringing a car in from UK. I bought a volvo from a volvo dealership in the UK. They told me there was no road tax left on it, which I figured was fine as once I was happy with the car I completed the transaction and headed on the 220 mile journey to holyhead. Then about an hour from the port I got pulled in by traffic police as they can tell by camera read out which cars passing are taxed or not. I was able to show car was insured and even had a letter from dealership outlining the car was sold untaxed. He did his checks and as I could show him my ferry booking he was kind enough to let me go on to the ferry. However he pointed out to me that he should of contacted the DVCL but didn't as he knew they would order him to impound the car. He was really cool about it but made the point that another officer may not have been so nice -

So be warned if you are driving over a motor with expired road tax from UK.

Back