Drop-in business started next door

Dodger

Can anyone advise on my rights as a neighbour is using her house next door to mine as a business .I see it advertised on Facebook from 10 in the morning until 8 at night.The lady does not live there put drives over in her untaxed and uninsured car

If you are right then planning permission is required to convert from residential to commercial use, report this breach of planning to your local planning authority.

Report the use of the untaxed/ uninsured vehicle to the Gardai without delay, All right thinking persons should have zero time for persons who take to the roads without tax or insurance and you'll find the Guards will have that same position as they see the outcome of incidents involving uninsured cars.

I should have added that if the "offending" premises has a leasehold title - as distinct from freehold - there may be a covenant within the lease prohibiting the carrying on of a business from that premises.
This would be more likely with older properties as new ones will not be leasehold.

Back