Drop cloths

danole

Anyone know where I'd get good quality drop cloths in the Galway area? Can they be hired,for instance? I've a paint job coming up that'll need a LOT of covering up!!

Sorry to sound thick but do you mean dust sheets to stop paint destroying furniture/flooring?

Drop cloths,dust sheets,amounts to the same thing,just different terminology.'Need to cover a biggish area.........

Good quality drop cloths are pretty expensive; I've used old bed linen for the same purpose and as long as you're reasonably careful there should be no problems. Any trade paint supplier or good builder's providers should stock the professional quality cloths though.

They sell the drop cloths (dust sheets) in B & Q in Galway

Yes,I've found that the good quality ones ARE expensive.I think the cheaper one's would be bad value,though.Does anyone know if B&Q have an Irish website?

Lidl have some 'decoration protection sheets' on special fom 17/01 [broken link removed] ; don't know about B&Q but the only website I could find for them was www.diy.com. Think we got some in Woodies about 18 months ago.

Yep In the UK it is www.diy.com and in Ireland www.handyhardware.ie. They have the dustsheets on the UK site at Stg10.48 in the UK but not on the Irish site, although they do sell them as I got some before.

Dust sheets-- light weight and protect from dust, but paint splashs will go right through

Drop sheets much heavier fabric and nearly water/oil proof.

light plastic dust covers, cover with the light fabric/ old bed sheets is a soloution.

"1 hour covering up saves 10 hour cleaning up" as my old Master Painter beat in to me 25 years ago.

Aldi have on Sun 27th Jan. I got them the last time the offer was on and found the quality decent. I assume they're the same ones this time.