Driving to Wedding in Marbella

Pedro

I have to attend a wedding in Marbella in August. My partner is unable to fly. How long (approx.) would it take for us to drive? We are both experienced drivers and have driven on the continent before - just not on this scale.

Port du Bloscon Roscoff, Brittany ferry-port to Marbella, Spain 1,995 kms, 24 hrs driving time or 3 probably 4 day's safe driving.

Would you not consider trains/car hire on mainland Europe. Take the train to Malaga and hire a car? Would be a lot easier on the body than such a long drive.

I have to attend a wedding in Marbella in August. My partner is unable to fly. How long (approx.) would it take for us to drive? We are both experienced drivers and have driven on the continent before - just not on this scale.

Whatever you do, don't take the coast road via Alicante/Murcia. The stretch of the road between Murcia and Malaga is an absolute nightmare. The hardest drive I've ever done. All single lane, very sharp bends, hills and descents, crazy drivers and no facilities along the way.

Go via Madrid on the motorway to Malaga.

Had to do the same in summer after colapsed lung.drove from czech rep to france.28 hours and ferry from france to rosslare.18 hours.
I should think the distance will be shorter.22 hours maybe.Google AAroad planner europe and it should help.Roscoff -marbella. or if you have a sat nav it should tell you.Best of luck.

p,s.......have plenty of change 2.70,1.70. toll bridge in france.every few km.

Beware motorway traffic in the summer in France and Spain during August.

The cost of driving is high also.
I can speak about France rather than Spain but...
Petrol is more expensive about 1.15 per litre in France at the moment and tolls are a major expense in driving. Driving from Cherbourg to the south east of France cost OH €50 in tolls alone.

A friend of mine took a coach from the UK to the South of Spain...it wasn't too bad...or as others suggest maybe the train?

If its an anxiety thing...could she take sedatives or anti anixety meds to get her through the flight?

You could go by ferry to Santander from Plymouth and then drive via Madrid to Marbella?