Driving Test Waiting lists

Swords are working on a 5-6 week wait time.

My brother applied in November and said he wasn't available to do it from Dec - Mar due to studying for his leaving.

As soon as the 3 months were up he was contacted and told that Raheny was still back logged but if he was willing to switch to a new test centre he could sit it in Ballymun or Swords 2 weeks later. He took the appointment in Swords, failed and reapplied that same day. He was called again in May, given a new date and passed on May 19th.

He done it twice in a matter of month's so I'd say that it depends on the test centre. He would probably still be on the waiting list for Raheny if he chose to wait.

We were discussing this at my work as several people have beens stopped by the Guards this week.

There are still over 4000 on the waiting list here.

Some people I know have been waiting for months, while others are called after 2 or 3 weeks, (for the same test centre) which would make the average waiting time lower ;).

Its been a while since i did my test but back in the day if you showed a letter from work showing you needed you car for work and the test was urgent you skipped up the queue

Back