driving test very soon

O

Olly64

my third driving test on jan 15th in limerick city, any tips or help would be very much appreciated, i have done a lesson and have 2 coming up but from past experience i know i should be doing more, any advice?

as they say no substitute for practice...i done about 6 lessons in the week before my driving test with a 1 hour lesson the morning of my test..

unless he is gay or transvestite im afraid this will not work but the instructor is only giving me 2 more lessons, thats 3 but im driving about 10 yrs so is 3 enough and i dont know any of the routes cos i only live in limierick for a year

Obvioulsy the short skirt will only work in certain situations!!!
Well after 10 years you have probably picked up some bad habbits-

given the driving experience u have u need to check out the test route couple of time and just remember how to approach them.
do 2 pre-test and see wat the instructor say.

should be able to sail thru it, nervous shouldn't be an issue anymore.

make sure u bring the ltr and driving license and get the car clean be ready for the test.

short skirt? save it for the celebration party afterwards!

unless he is gay or transvestite im afraid this will not work but the instructor is only giving me 2 more lessons, thats 3 but im driving about 10 yrs so is 3 enough and i dont know any of the routes cos i only live in limierick for a year

Definitely agree with polo9n here - get an instructor to take you on the test routes so that you will be prepared for any dodgy junctions in the test.

Be careful of the "I'm driving x years, so I don't need too much practice" trap. Driving for the test is done in a particular way with a particular mindset which does not normally reflect the way you would normally drive.

Practice, practice, practice is the only way to guaranteed to pass it. Take a 2-hour lesson in the same area as the Test at the exact same time the week before. Take another 2 hours again at the exact same time the day before. Then take another 2 hours again immediately before it. Overkill, I know, but you will not fail it that way!!

thanks for the replies, very helpful, i have done the routes now a couple of times with the instructor, seems ok but i have another hour with the instructor before the test so i should be ok

....but the instructor is only giving me 2 more lessons
Don't be afraid to go to another instructor in addition to the one you're already going too. If you feel you could use a little more "monitored" driving pre test then a couple of pre tests is what you need. If the original instructor can't fit you in, someone will.

Passed my test last Monday . Definetly get a lesson just before the test. If your worried about the routes but don't have enough lessons scheduled, drive to your test centre & follow the instructors cars around. See where they go, and it will give you a good overview.
They basically want to see you using your mirrors correctly,signalling in proper time & obeying the speed limit. obviously they need to be sure that you have good control of the car and that you are confident... Nerves are normal though. I was a nervous wreck. .

congradulations mate...so you having a big celebration party with AAM memebers, yeah?