Driving Test query?

aoc

This query popped up over the weekend - if someone who previously drove (prov license, let it lapse over 5 years ..., had to re-apply for theory test... got it), does this person still have to drive for 6 months before applying for driving test...??????

Do you have to have the license for 6 months before you apply or can you apply at any stage but not do the test until you have the license for 6 months??

Re your first question - check the RSA website maybe?

When you apply online for a driving test, you can enter dates that you're not available (e.g. around exam time)

I saw a suggestion on biker.ie for bikers with new learner permits to apply for the test as soon as possible, but to specify that you're not available for the test before a specific date 6 mths in advance. The intention being that the learner gets a test date very shortly after the required 6 month wait.

Yeah, I was trying to ring the RSA yesterday - i seriously called about 30 times before i got through it was permanently busy (it was bothering me had to have an answer). As it happens you are right - you should book the test but post the date post 6 months on it and you should be sorted....

To the other query - just because you have previously driven is not taken into account you are considered a first time driver again....

Hi

Has anyone recently sat a driving test in Deansgrange , i am due to next week and would love any additional tips in advance ,

tks

Make sure you go to the right centre in Deansgrange. There are two in Deansgrange within a 3 minute drive of each other. I went to the wrong one day of my test because only one was listed on the website. Good luck!