driving license

thombom

Hey can anyone help me here.My test for my full license is coming up soon and i've moved house and haven't changed the address on my license will the tester let me do the the test even though the address on my license is different to my new address.

When I did my test I was living in rented accomadation, so the address on my license was my parents address ( in a different part of the country). I didn't have any problems because of this.

ps.s good luck in the test

From what I know you are not obliged to change your driving licence once you change address. So I can't see having any problems with your driving test.
However if you decide to chage it, I think it's free of charge for amending the address and in my case it only took 1 day and a half to get the new licence (that was from Clondaling Motor Tax Office).

Hey can anyone help me here.My test for my full license is coming up soon and i've moved house and haven't changed the address on my license will the tester let me do the the test even though the address on my license is different to my new address.

By the time my test date finally came around I'd moved house. I explained to the tester and he was fine about it. Make sure when you go in for your FULL licence you get your new address on it. Good Luck! You'll pass don't worry!

You shouldn't have any problems, and to be honest it's rare that people send in applications just to change their address and it can be annoying because the procedure could be misinterpreted by a colleague as me making a mistake as it is the same procedure as if I had printed out the wrong address by accident.
I don't know if testers have stricter rules but the previous posters have suggested they are fine with it.

The driving test requirements state that you are obliged to present a valid provisonal licence but does not state that you have to have your proper address.

Back