Driving Licence Lost,can I get replacement 10yr

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodo

Hi I have lost my driving licence which is due to expire 06/16, If I apply for a replacement licence and I pay the 55 Euro fee for a 10 year licence can I get the licence to begin 02/13 to 02/23 rather than paying 35 Euro for the remaining 3 yr 4 months that is currently left on licence,

For lost or stolen licences apply for a replacement licence on form D401 and have it stamped at your local Garda Station

Also you need to apply in person producing a passport and proof of address.

It's punishment for losing an important document, otherwise people would be losing them all the time and be rewarded for it.

I know the rules but they don't really seem fair to me, maybe those rules are wrong it has been known before to be the case,

If you know the rules, then why ask the question as you asked it? If you want to discuss whether the rules are fair or otherwise, then that a different question entirely.

Well yes that was my thinking. I have never in all my 20 years of having a driving licence have I been asked to show or needed for the Gardai, maybe I wait another 3 years when it expires and then apply, get the full 10 years,
dereko1969
I don't think it is a punishment though type of thing rather than draining people for every penny they have,

If you know the rules, then why ask the question as you asked it? If you want to discuss whether the rules are fair or otherwise, then that a different question entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.