Driving Instructor - Northside

crumble

Hi,

Anybody know of a decent (and not ludicrously expensive) driving instructor in D3/D9/D5 (or thereabouts) area? Its for a complete beginner with the aim of getting the test asap. I can take her out inbetween lessons etc. Got a few numbers from fliers etc but would be hesitant to pay for a package of lessons without a specific recommendation...

Cheers

C

Both myself and husband (and many of our friends) used a guy called Ian from a company called Passmasters or The Passmaster. I have no idea what price the lessons are as it was about 4 years ago when we did our tests. We went with him on recommendations from our friends and have since recommended him to others. I personally found him very good and very professional. The guy is based in Portmarnock but we did our lessons and tests in Raheny area. Think his number is in the goldenpages.
P.

I did my pre-test lessons with Michael at the Independent Driving School in Finglas (beside the test centre) and I cannot recommend him highly enough. In 3 lessons he got me out of my bad habits, made me a safer driver and helped me pass my test first time. Wish I'd had him as my original intructor, I'd probably have only needed half as many lessons as I took.

Genuinely have no connection with this crowd, just a very happy customer!

I used Ian (Adams) from passmasters as well. Others in my family did too. My wife and I got our tests first time (one in baldoyle and one in raheny). I'd recommend him.

Edit: lessons cost me €40 each.

My girlfriend used a driving school she got on goldenpages.ie called Redz driving school.

She was delighted with the instructor and I have to admit I was impressed with the improvements in her driving.....she has her test in Raheny in two weeks and all is looking good....

Thanks for all the dets people. We'll maybe call Ian (2 independent recommendations) and start from there!

Next stop ... Monaco GP!

C

A couple of years ago I took driving classes with Northside Driving School, the instructor's name was Brian - he was excellent and very very patient. I'll look for the school's details this evening and post them.

Hi Crumble, you can find their contact details here: I'm not sure if they are still in business, though. Good luck!