driving from naas onto n7

denise1234

Hi, Can someone give me answer to this. Have asked good few people and gotten different answers all the time,

Coming out of Naas heading towards N7, on road with Storm Cinema - if I'm going onto road for N7 which lane do I need to be in. Never know! Tried going onto road from left hand lane and guy in right almost went into me and then the next time went from right hand lane and got blasted out of it by car in left lane :confused:

Anyone know???
Cheers

p.s. apologies if this should be in car and motoring issues forum - wasn't sure which one

Hi Denise,

Your post is quite confusing.

Where is the "Storm Cinema", I figure it must be fairly new. Is it on the Monreade Rd? or the Dublin Rd?

Where are you going to? Is it n7 north bound to Dublin?

Are you talking about the "Black Ball" interchange?

aj

Hi Denise,

Your post is quite confusing.

Where is the "Storm Cinema", I figure it must be fairly new. Is it on the Monreade Rd? or the Dublin Rd?

Where are you going to? Is it n7 north bound to Dublin?

Are you talking about the "Black Ball" interchange?

aj

Hi, i'm talking about Dublin Road in Naas, the main road from Naas town towards N7. Coming towards the black ball heading towards Dublin so yeah northbound.
Storm Cinema just before ball on left hand side heading out of Naas. Nearly across from Donnelly Mirrors. Hope that makes more sense!

That would be the third exit from the roundabout, so technically should you not be in the right hand lane when entering the roundabout? I would imagine anyone going down the Monread road or going onto the N7 southbound should be on left lane and all other traffic including N7 northbound should be on the right hand lane. Anyone have the rules of the road handy? If not, then the right hand lane would be exclusively for cars going around to the Johnstown exit or doing a U turn back into Naas.

That would be the third exit from the roundabout, so technically should you not be in the right hand lane when entering the roundabout? I would imagine anyone going down the Monread road or going onto the N7 southbound should be on left lane and all other traffic including N7 northbound should be on the right hand lane. Anyone have the rules of the road handy? If not, then the right hand lane would be exclusively for cars going around to the Johnstown exit or doing a U turn back into Naas.

This would be my view also. Pet hate of mine is cars queing in the left hand lane of the entrance to a roundabout and not taking the first exit...

IF LEAVING BY ANY EXIT AFTER THE 12 O’CLOCK POSITION,[FONT=JDFAJG+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman]approach and enter the roundabout in the right hand lane signalling a right turn. [/FONT]
The alignment of this particular roundabout is a bit odd, the 3rd exit (N7 Dublin) is pretty much straight on (12 O' Clock). I would approach in the right-hand land, no signal, and only signal on exiting the roundabout.

More like 10 o'clock michaelm. That would suggest that you treat it like a second exit and stay in the left lane. Strange one alright. I'd say just buzz around the thing as fast as you can, it's what most people do anyway:(

Last edited:
This would be my view also. Pet hate of mine is cars queing in the left hand lane of the entrance to a roundabout and not taking the first exit...

Paul, I might be misunderstanding you here, but if you are talking about roundabouts in general with 3 exits, surely people taking the second exit are fully entitled to use the left hand lane?

Back