Driving from Dublin to Killarney - Cork or Limerick?

P

Pster

Hi - I'm driving from Dublin to Killarney and I'm wondering should I go via Limerick, Mitchelstown & Mallow or Cork City. Looking on Google Maps, they give all 3 route options, but I was wondering if anyone has some advice? I've heard the road from Ballincollig to Killarney is very slow..

I have been doing that route for many years, best way to go is Dublin - Limerick- Abbeyfeale-Farranfore- Killarney

Agreed, but try to avoid Adare at the end of the motorway on Friday Afternoons (Schools, Weddings, Tourists and the Limerick City Rush Hour). Abbeyfeale and NCW can be troublesome at these times as well. CastleIsland has a marvellous new by pass so you dont have to worry about mart day any more!

Enjoy Killarney! Its lovely this time of year.

I did the journey last week via Limerick. It took 4 hours exactly from South County Dublin. Beautiful road all the way down including the bit where you turn off just before Limerick. On the way back it only took 3.5 hours. I drove down on a Sunday and back midweek. There was very little traffic on both journeys.

Back