drive ways, any info

O

Olly64

i am not a diy expert but would be possible to knock a wall and make a drive way where there is now a garden, would i need an expert or would i be able to attempt it myself. I know i would have to dig out the garden and put down gravel and cement but how deep do i have to go down? i f i do need an expert, how much would it cost? im in the limerick area

There is always someone whos knows someone who drives a JCB. Any competent JCB driver could do this for you. You may need to hire a mini dumper to move the excess/rubble. Let the JCB man give guide you on what you need as far as filling is concerned. Pouring/quantifying concrete (if necessary) is not an easy job for someone trying it for the first time.

PS You would need planning permission to create a new opening to a public road.

ok now i have the wall knocked perfectly, i got great help from a neighbor and hired out a consaw which is all new to me, now what do i do, do i dig out the garden myself? i want to do as much as possible as i got a quote for the eveerything at the begining for €1500, maybe the more i do the less it will cost in the long run but i still dont want to mahe a balls of it too, anyone with a similar experience.

Back