Dragon's Den - the Irish one.

RMCF

I would watch this occasionally but was just wondering if regular viewers could answer me one question:

Does the woman in it (Sarah?) ever invest?
Everytime I watch it she is never remotely interested in anything.

She invested in a wheelie bin compactor a couple of weeks ago. That was her first investment in about a season and a half.

I would watch this occasionally but was just wondering if regular viewers could answer me one question:

Does the woman in it (Sarah?) ever invest?
Everytime I watch it she is never remotely interested in anything.

She has invested once in .

I like the investors...they are tough and hard headed with most of the ideas.
But sometimes they take a shining to the person with the idea or product.
Sarah took a big shine to a guy who planned to sell seeds in a surfer board shaped package. In fact all the dragons were interested and the guy eventually went for the male dragons...who needs a woman investor who clearly was more interested in him than his product. By the way this seeds package was going to sell in shops for over 2 euros....you can get them in lidl for 79c.Other times sarah will say to a presenter ...I like your product but I don`t like you therefore i`m out.
Herbie the amiable german tiler who lives in donegal had designed a simple bit of plastic to put around the toilet drainpipe. All the contestants didn`t rate his idea as a viable buisness but one of the guys gave him a sympathy ..was it 25k.
Sarah as has been mentioned invested in a plastic device to compress your rubbish bag in a wheelie bin. I`m sure everyone has some bit of wood or 2 by 4 to do the exact same job.
The paucity of ideas is only matched by the subjectivity of the dragons.

she is a total pain - I don't know how she even gained her wealth! She often dismisses ideals well ahead even while the other dragons are still looking to get more information.

Well she is the token woman isn't she. I like them all and can understand that you have to like the person. Anyone remember the lad from Roscommon with the light for inside the handbag. In terms of an idea it was nuts. Two wanted to invest in it! He disregarded one of the investors on the basis that his offer was 'all duck no dinner'. They were investing in 'him', he had an honesty about him. Anyone know what came if it?

I am sure it would be easier to buy a small torch.Most of the ideas are IMO very gimmicky and not worth investing in.

I also find it a bit silly when the Dragons say (and that Sarah one is the most guilty) "I don't understand this at all so I'm out". If you were any sort of investor you would listen to what the product/service is/does and see if there is money to be made off it. You don't need to understand something as long as you make money off it.

I find Sarah very rude and condesending at times to the contestants, some times make fun of them. She does not listen to the idea, and dismisses too quick.

I actually cant stand her and I am a Fan of the UK version and the female investor on that is also a boring beeeeeeeeeep!

Back