Dragons den.and the en -TROP-eners!!

thedaras

Did anyone watch the first Dragons den?
The presenter kept saying en-TROP_ener!! I found it very irritating...
The programme however was very good.

yes, that really annoyed me too.

I love the English Dragon's Den, and was really looking forward to the Irish one. But i thought it wasn't as good at all. I think all the English Dragons have nice qualities about them, but the only one i warmed to on our version was the guy from Donegal (? i think)

If the woman said "guysss" one more time i would have switched off!

I'll definitely keep watching as i'm really interested in seeing the kind of ideas (and in some cases the mad people behind them ) that come up.

I definitely think some of the people who go on the programme know that they won't get backing but the advertising is worth anything!!

Lets hope there's a Reggae Reggae Sauce fairytale anding for someone!

The presenter kept saying en-TROP_ener!! I found it very irritating...

Oh that drove me nuts too, there was something else he kept saying but it escapes me now...will tell you Friday 'cos no doubt he'll say it again...and again...on Thursday.

I only warmed to one of the Dragons, too..the guy on the end, opposite side to the woman.

At first I thought it was trying too hard to be like the UK version but I settled in and just enjoyed it. The woman was a bit irritating though, how come the women on these shows tend to come across as hard-nosed?

I also got told off by my 17 year old daughter for saying the woman was "yet another token skirt"

I also got told off by my 17 year old daughter for saying the woman was "yet another token skirt"

Was she telling you off for sounding too much like a bloke?

Saw a bit of the show out of curiosity (don't like the original anyway) and I thought it was passable enough. Too many of the 'dragons' annoyed me though.

Was she telling you off for sounding too much like a bloke?

Nah, she reckons just because the UK show and Irish one had four males and one female my comment was unjustified.
Suffice to say, she's on her school debating team