Drafting a lease to be stamped

alpine

I intend to get a lease drafted between my mother and myself for a period of 7 years on a small parcel of agricultural land.

I intend to get the lease stamped by the Revenue.

I understand that a warrant adjudication needs to be completed for the stamping office and a valuation provided.

Does this lease need to be drafted by a solicitor or can one draft it themselves (or rather photocopy another lease and sign again)?

I rang the Revenue and they said they did not have any issues but said they could not comment on the legality of the lease.

It is like most legal matters you can do them yourself or pay a professional to make sure it gets done right (and if a solicitor doesn't do it right at least they have indemnity insurance).

Agreed, solicitors are professionals and I would get them involved if the process was not so straight forward.

A lease in an individual contract between two or more parties. It needs to reflect the parties true intentions so it's not as simple as photocopying another lease and changing the names.
Contact a solicitor, set up an appointment and go in with your mother and have it drafted professionally.