Downsizing Car

finoblad

I've a car worth approx 26k with 15k finance remaining on it. A threatened redundancy in my family finance is making me think about getting a cheaper car and paying off the outstanding finance.

I'm currently looking at the usual sites like carzone etc but I'm wondering if its always necessary when downsizing for you to sell your car privately?

Can anyone offer suggestions please.

From my experience, selling a car privately is the only way to go here.

In the current market you have to be very realistic with the price you are receiving but you should then be in a good position to get a cash deal on the replacement.

Trading through a dealer will almost certainly cost you more.

Hi finoblad. Yes sell it privately. Take as many good quality pictures of your car, inside and out and post them on carzone. I don't know if you can expect to get now what you want for the car. Most second hand cars are not selling for as much because of the vrt change. And it's foolish for people to expect to get as much! what car have you, is it diesel, petrol and mileage?

thanks for the replies, its the newer model Toyota RAV4 luna petrol with 22k kilometers and 20 months old. seems to be several different values on carzone. i guess nobodys sure how the new vrt rates will affect the values of second hand