Downpipes in attached houses

capall

If your downpipe is taking the water flow from your neighbours house what is the situation if you want to remove it due to extension work
Can you stop end your gutters and just deal with your own water

you cant leave his roof with no downpipe, nor should you increase any loading onto any of his existing downpipes....
without more detailed info i cant comment further.

will you be providing a new downpipe to take this existing roof plane???

Theres going to be a pipe from the ensuite where the downpipe was

They have an existing extension which leaves no room for a downpipe on there side

What options are there ,I am not giving up my ensuite to take the neighbours water

can you provide a downpipe that discharges his roofplane into the gutter on his extension?? that could be a solution

If these are terraced houses the downpipe is communal and I don't think you can touch it - even if it's on your property.

the only options seem to be to flow the water down on either of the roofs

As my roof is pitched the pipe would have to go up and down to get to my gutter,
Theres is a flat roof which wouldn,t be ideal for flowing water onto

its very hard to give advise on ths without seeing the problem.,.. any chance of a photo?

you cannot mix foul water and storm water.... the storm water will flow into the foul sewer network (which may not be designed to take the load).. this could cause overflowing of AJs and manholes (picture the mess??)... also you are increasing the load on the effulent treatment plant.....

capall... have you discussed this with a competant builder.... in my experience they can find solutions that would be lost to many others

Does the planning permission not relate to plans that clearly set out what alterations will be done to downpipes and other drainage systems?

Clubman, its been my experience that all too often you can be given permission for something that cannot be built......
while alterations to foul sewers are mostly picked up on, its very seldom that planners spot possible storm water problems.....
anyway, planning is seperate to building control....

I seem to be taking all the rain water in my downpipe and the next door neighbour doesn't seem to have any rain water coming down his pipe...

how can I get around this?