Downloads of movies and USB key

brownc1966

I am looking for websites where it is possible to legally download (and pay) for movies, hopefully current. I'm not interested in downloading illegal movies from websites riddled with bugs and viruses.

After an Extravision experience that i care not to repeat I understand that is it possible to download movies to a USB key and then play the movie by movie by plugging the USB key into the back of the DVD player.

My current DVD player doesn't have a USB key but can easily buy a new one. Has anyone done this? I'm not interested in looking at movies on my laptop as it is a bit small.

All I'm trying to do is avoid having to go to the video shop to see what movies the shop does not have in stock!

many thanks

If you have an Xbox 360 and broadband then your elected. Just download the movie onto your xbox from the xbox store and watch away.

You need to make sure that codec that the movie is in is playable on the dvd player.

However , if you are paying for a movie , it will most lightly include DRM that only allows it to be played on your laptop.

My current DVD player doesn't have a USB key but can easily buy a new one. Has anyone done this? I'm not interested in looking at movies on my laptop as it is a bit small.

Or, consider one of these. They are about 90 euro on Komplett I think. The likes of Expansys may have them as well.

Have one myself and pretty happy with it - I just have to make some time to use it! Make sure you update it with the latest firmware.