Downloading Attachments - very slow

allendog

Hi,
I find that it's quite impossible to download attachments (format: application/msword) which came with the e-mails received today. Most of them are under 50kbs, and I had cleaned out the 'sent' and 'trash' folders to release some space, but had no luck in completing downloading the attachments. Don't know if it's due to either some virus/malware/adware or lack of space allocated by ISP (yahoo.ie) and by BB provider (Clearwire, 1MB?)
allendog

This may be due to contention (your ISP sharing the same bandwidth among many customers) during peak times this will have a detrimental effect. It may also be related to the mail service you are using, for instance I found that iol was terrible and have switched to gmail for my web based mail service.
If the problem persists it may be related to your DSL equipment or the PC itself - If your PC is running a normal spped for other tasks then it probably is not PC related. If it is the PC I would recommend a registry cleaner (I am guessing that you already have anti-virus software installed)

Back