Download music and convert to play on CD player

Smokeygirl

I have searched through the forum but I have been unable to find what I want to know.
My friend is getting married in 2 weeks and wants to put three songs onto CD. She wants to buy them on-line (to save buying the albums) and convert them so that they can be played on a CD player.
Could someone please advise me what to do?

Smokeygirl,
Firstly, you need a PC/Laptop with a CDR (Compact Disk rewriter).
Secondly, you need to download software e.g. ITunes (go to Apple site for this).
The ITunes software allows you access the ITunes store where you can buy songs for 99cent.
Broadbrand is fairly essential as dial up can take ages for song download.
Once the songs are purchased, the Itunes software has a "Burn CD" function which will alow you to write the songs to CD and play them on any CD machine

Just make sure the CD supports the files, as standart CD player won't play MP3 or the like.

Cati76 said:
Just make sure the CD supports the files, as standart CD player won't play MP3 or the like.

Most modern CD players will play burned CD's (at least on CD-R, CD-RW might be more likely to cause trouble) and iTunes allows you to burn the tracks as standard CD Audio (you may need to tweak the settings first I can't remember offhand if this is the default).

dam099 said:
Most modern CD players will play burned CD's (at least on CD-R, CD-RW might be more likely to cause trouble) and iTunes allows you to burn the tracks as standard CD Audio (you may need to tweak the settings first I can't remember offhand if this is the default).

This is the default setting in iTunes (see [broken link removed]) but can be changed.

Note that downloading songs from iTunes or MP3's from another source, and converting to audio CDs, will highlight the mediocre sound quality, if played on a decent system.

You might be better to buy the actual CDs! You can always make a compilation manually or buy importing to iTunes or another jukebox at a high bit rate, and then burning from there to an audio CD.

Back