Download allowance

K

kikita

Do you find acceptable being limited for downloading material from the Internet or being overcharged if over the cap?
Any experience about receiving an extra charges bill?

TBH I am on UTV Clicksilver and never get remotely close to the cap. In my view one would have to be doing some heavy duty downloading to go over the limits set these days...

Agree with paul I never go near the UTV clicksilver limit even though I'm online about 7 hours a day 5 days a week.

The limits are generally quiet high. Don't forget you share your connection with others so if you have someone abusing it that will affect others!

UTV charge in full if you bust the allowance, Eircom have charged a few people ( I mean a few as in 10s or 100's) who dogged out their 4Gb or 8 GB allowances big time, many multiples of .

The others tend not to charge at all or not charge and throttle you for the month , eg BT (IOL) and Digiweb

How do you know how much you've downloaded each day/so far this month, is there an alert when you get close to the limit.

You can check it on the UTV website, although there is a bit of a time delay in updating for actual usage.

Back