Douglas, Cork, what's the best location

Bronte

Anybody have any idea what are the best locations for a detached family home, close to schools and within walking distance of the village itself. (15/20 minutes). Not one of those new places where you don't own your own lawn or driveway/parking.

Hettyfield, Woolhara, knockrea and Reeveswood are prime estates.
Serious money for all four parks as expected....

Woolhara, knockrea . you would need a fair few quid for any of these 2..
also look at ballinlogh..houses a bit cheaper and mainly semis but good room for expansion etc.. pic-du-jer older part has one for sale at the moment.. no idea how much though and it's about 25 minutes walk to city centre and 20 mins to douglas. schools just 5 mins.

Anybody have any idea what are the best locations for a detached family home, close to schools and within walking distance of the village itself. (15/20 minutes). Not one of those new places where you don't own your own lawn or driveway/parking.

The first two houses on the following page match this description perfectly:

[broken link removed]

Ok - thanks for all your replies, it's a great help knowing the names of the estates/areas so I can understand it on daft/my home etc

Eliza, you are correct they fit the description exactly, but if I had that much money I'd be sending my own personal shopper to find the perfect house for me

and there we were thinkin you are as loaded as Clubman and Brendan et al!

go for a "cruise" round the area and also the city maps such as this one is good to get your bearings
[broken link removed]