Double SIM card for mobile

frankie

i would like to use my mobile with two different numbers, not necessarily different operators, although my phone is not locked, so that wouldnt be a problem either.

does anyone know if i can do this and how would it workand the cost. is it possible that both sims are operable at the same time, so that if a call comes to one number it can be on voicemail while the other is being answered.

am i asking too much?

I used to have a double SIM adaptor where you put in two sim cards and could switch your phone between both. It really was only useful for outgoing calls as one sim 'live' for incoming/outgoing meant the other was not in operation. I never was happy with it but they do exist or should I say did exist.
The unit itself was slipped onto the phone, a dummy sim card slotted into the Sim holder in your phone and you put your two sim cards into two slots on the unit. The battery fitted into the unit and as a result your phone looked 3 months pregnant! Sorry for the long winded answer.

Hi , Ask about split sim from Vodafone (1907), basically you get two numbers/lines with the one sim card. You could divert one number to the other when not used. I think you may need a bill pay line to add this feature to it , the second number can be a ready to go (no line rental)

Ste said:
Hi , Ask about split sim from Vodafone (1907), I think you may need a bill pay line to add this feature to it , the second number can be a ready to go (no line rental)
You make this sound as if a bill pay is a disadvantage. I always thought the "pay as you go" was just for kids who did not have a steady income and could only afford to use there phone when they managed to get some money from their parents and were punished for this by being charged through the nose to make their calls. Has this changed.

woods said:
You make this sound as if a bill pay is a disadvantage.

I think the point was that you may need to have a bill pay phone to take advantage of the dual sim that's being spoken about. I know that the dual sim was designed for people who have work phones, to stop them making personal calls on their employees bills. By having the dual sim, they can also have a pay as you go personal number, and still only have to carry one phone.

I wasn't aware, however, that Vodafone had actually launched this product in Ireland yet - I don't see it mentioned anywhere on their website, but maybe Ste has some insider information.

Hi Everyone ,

Split sim is available , however its only available for corporate customers (companies with 30 plus lines) !!!
I should have got my facts straight before posting my comments!!!

Sorry !!!!!