Double Ovens - built in under hob

sabrina

Does anyone know where to get reasonable priced stainless steel double oven (built in under hob type). Mad prices in republic... looks cheaper to buy from north! Any suggestions.....

Just buy 2 single ovens and put them side by side centred under the hob. We did this, looks great. We have a 5 burner gas hob, it may look a bit bottom heavy with a smaller hob, but maybe not. The single ovens are pretty cheap and most come with a grill. So instead of getting a large and small oven you get two big ones for less money.

We bought a stainless steel Belling double oven in DID about 2.5 years ago for about €500.

We bought a Hotpoint under the counter double oven about four years ago. The serial no. was BU 51 or 52, can't remember which. I'm not sure if they still make them..

Splendid oven (shame about the fridge by the same company but sin sceal eile...)

electro city had one reduced from €599 to €299 in their sale on Easter Monday. Might be worth asking there.

tallpaul said:
We bought a Hotpoint under the counter double oven about four years ago. The serial no. was BU 51 or 52, can't remember which. I'm not sure if they still make them..

Splendid oven (shame about the fridge by the same company but sin sceal eile...)

I bought the same last year, (think the only difference between 51 and 52 is colour of handles, controls that pop in and out)
It seems perfect, loads of room in the main oven, easy clean seems very good cooker.
Paid €599, down from €649 in a promo.

I went to the one in Kilkenny but i'm sure they're nationwide. Presume they have a website but don't know the web address offhand.

sabrina said:
Where is electro city? Do they have a website?

Hi Sabrina,

They appear to be based in Kilkenny and Carlow per the Golden Pages (which times out):

Electro City, Ormonde Retail Park, Kilkenny. Ph: 056 7751717.

Electro City, Carlow Retail Park, Hanover, Carlow. Ph: 059 9164515

Don't appear to have a website.

Thanks for all your replies. i'm off shopping at weekend and i'll let you know how i get on. Best price yet is around 449euro if i buy in newry (thats with conversion rate) i think it will be hard to beat!!!