Double glazed glass broken

nemesis2001

I was using the edge trimmer just beside the kitchen door and it seems to have dislodged a small stone which then hit the glass panel/door leading to the garden.
Now, the glass seems to be the sandwich type (manufactured by Swedex I think) as it shattered in the same pattern a car windscreen would! It is still in place and has not collapsed. The inside pannel did not suffer in this accident.
I was wandering what the best approach is?
What is the average price for the damage caused and can any traddemsn who deals with glass replace the pannel?
Then again, i am thinking, if it is/or was plexiglass (judging by the pattern it shattered), it might be difficult...
Any thoughts appreciated.
BTW, we live in Newbridge

If by panel you mean pane (i.e. the single pane that's broken and not the second one facing it) then you cannot do this as far as I know and will need to replace the full sealed doubled glazed unit.

Check your home insurance in case you are covered for this and it's worth claiming (e.g. excess or impact on future premiums doesn't make it not worthwhile).

As Clubman said you'll need a new Double Glazed unit. Bear in mind also that it's most likely safety glass that has broken from your description. Your supplier may have the dimensions on file.

As Clubman said you'll need a new Double Glazed unit. Bear in mind also that it's most likely safety glass that has broken from your description. Your supplier may have the dimensions on file.

Thanks.
Will contact the builders (still on site) tomorrow to see what can be done.