Dormer windows that open in

R

Rossi

I bought a house off plans and have recently had a chance to visit the site to see work in progress.I am concerned that all the windows open inwards, particularly dormer windows upstairs, - how do you hang curtains or put up blinds?? as they will obstruct window opening in? ( no space to extend curtain pole) Has anyone come across this before? Foreman was very surprised when I brought it to his attention - said it wasn't something he had considered.

hi rossi
yes i have had this problem with my windows,it is easy enough to fit the blinds to the actual windows themselves,but the real problem when you do this is when you open the window with the blind attached it crashes into the reveals so then you have the hassle of widening the reveals if you want to open the windows fully. bit of a pain but it can be done.can send you photos of mine if you like,will give you an idea what you're up against

Hello, has anyone else had this issue? I have a couple upstairs in a storey and a half house and am trying to find the best way to put a curtain or blind on the windows. I don't think widening the reveals is an option at this point. Thank you.

All the windows on the continent open in, but in the stormy/bad weather conditions they have steel shutters which they pull down over the windows - how do the windows stand up to wind and rain here?

All my windows open in. Lucily where I have curtains there is enough space on either side to open them and the windows. Other windows I put blinds so high (on the wall above the window) that when opening the windows I just raise the blinds, I also had an alcove (3 windows) and just put 3 blinds high up and 2 false curtains either side for effect.

Thanks folks, looks like blinds might be the way to do. Checked a few things out yesterday and think the Roman Style would look attractive on them. I have a good piece of wall directly above the window which could take the blind. Thanks again.

Back