Doors

4 panel engineered oak doors at McMahon, Blanchardstown, Dublin, tel. 018477644 for 80/door. Last time saw a at the begining this week. End of stock clearance.

really? can you give me the details of where please.
I priced around today a bit - very large differences in the various shops I called but nothing as good as that.

Woodies have 4 Panel, Engineered Oak doors on sale at the moment.
Reduced from 149.99 to 69.99.

They were not marked as on sale, and the staff didn't know they were on sale at all until they checked the barcode on the till. As of yesterday, they were still not marked on sale, so you will have to look for them. Don't confuse them with the other doors beside them with the big sale price on them.

I have been looking for doors for a long time, and I cannot find heavy doors like these anywhere else, for that price.

(By the way, the staff in the shop - Castlebar- were among the most helpful, and friendly people I have encountered since I started spending most of my life and loot in such shops. They were motivated and interested, and full of good humour.)

JF Cathcart are the doors im heading up on Saturday, all engineered doors come with a guarantee not to warp, i cant see us having any problems with them.

Anyone recommend a supplier (and fit) of external wooden hall-door with one side panel ?
Am in Meath.

Just to follow up on my posts rented a van and drove up north on Saturday, made a bit of a road trip out of it! Collected 21 engineered oak doors for €1,250 thinking about going up again next weekend for flooring!

We got a deal from Dublin doors (Door depot in Cork) it was Eur 229.00 for pre-finished 4 panel oak doors, and included the door frame, brass hinges, architrave & brass handles - delighted with the deal and they look fantastic up. Weight an absolute ton so you need 3 hinges per door. Only prob is they got our order wrong a couple of times so we've been back to them 2/3 times as they left out locks etc so check your dockets!

Atlantic homecare have the pre-finished 4 panel ones for 150 each too but the full kits above worked out a lot cheaper. We got our skirting board from Dublin door and timber products in Finglas. They are sort of an engineered oak but look well.

HTH

Just to follow up on my posts rented a van and drove up north on Saturday, made a bit of a road trip out of it! Collected 21 engineered oak doors for €1,250 thinking about going up again next weekend for flooring!

where were you able to get the doors at that price? great deal!

As i posted above JF catchart in enniskillen county fermanagh! €61 each, saved €1,500 compared to down here, heading to Newry now this weekend, its a good thing i dont mind driving! Hoping to get flooring and some electrics up there!

Were those doors pre finished or did you have to finish them yourself?

Had to put a coat of clear satin varnish on alright! Dropped them to a local sprayed them all for €150.

Hi there

just wondering if anybody was able to get an email address or contact number for JF Catchart?
Thanks

As i posted above JF catchart in enniskillen county fermanagh! €61 each, saved €1,500 compared to down here, heading to Newry now this weekend, its a good thing i dont mind driving! Hoping to get flooring and some electrics up there!

Can you let us know how you get on with the electrics and flooring..

Are the prices youe quoted inclusive of VAT or are you using a VAT number?

Just on the wrap gaureentee, not worth anything...we bought doors before, know brand...doors wrapped within a year..no comeback..but since your getting them so cheap..might make no difference, might get an extra one or two just incase

Last edited:
Hey Johnny, ill keep ye informed!

Yes im using a Vat number for this, but they did not check it in the shop at the time!