Door To Door Selling

N

nemo

I am currently on job seekers benefit but have the opportunity to get into some door to door selling. It would be commission only, and based on a broker scenario.

I have a number of questions regarding this:

1) Should I be eligeable for a business start up grants from a local enterprise board? (need to invest in vehicle,IT etc)
2) If I only work 3 days a week will I be eligeable to collect job seekers for the 2 remaining days?(I will inform the Dole office)(and i beleive the term dole is now banned!)
3) How will I pay tax?
4)Should I register as a sole trader?

I have read the posts regarding sole trader v's ltd companys and there was reference to "if you earn more than €75k you should register as a ltd company", I must say that I do not see an income of €75k being generated, but if this is the case can you please advise?

Many Thanks
First timer!

Hi

As Catt said you can go onto the short term enterprise allowance which will allow you to keep all your benefits for a year or so.

However what I would add is you need to go onto the scheme before you sign off. You have to be unemployed to avail of it and if you sign off you become employed/selfemployed and thus inelligable.

If you make an appointment with your local enterpirase boad they will go through all the registration for tax stuff prior to going on the scheme.

Kind regards

dbran

Back