door to door sales rep

nutter1

Hi Guys,
was thinking of hiring a sales rep to do some door to door selling,has anyone any experience of this,or know of a company i can use ,1 day a week is probably enough so just want to contract it out to a sales company if there is such a thing.

Thanks in advance
The nut

You do know that the only people at home during the day are elderly people (often on a tight budget), housewives with young kids (often on a tight budget), unemployed people (often on a tight budget), and gin-soaked ladies who lunch (often tight by 11 am), don't you? Are you sure this is a viable sales channel?

was thinking about that as well would probably end up getting them to do it in the evenings instead of 9-5,its just a thought at the moment but cant seem to find any agency to approach.

Hi Nutter
Can you do some customer surveys first, before embarking on this and spending money (eg ask your friends/family/neighbours/work colleagues.. That is, if you don't want to employ a company to do some market research to check out the tone of the market, the demographic that you are aiming at, the general characteristics of the area you intend to target: old established estates, new apartment complexes etc).
I do not know the general consensus out there, but I would certainly object to a sales rep appearing on my door step on an evening, cold calling.
Best check it out before you invest any cash, just to make sure that it is not going to be a waste of your resources,
Regards
Nicola

Back