Don't want to transfer to BoI credit card from KBC - what to do?

tomdublin

Anyone know what to do if a KBC credit card customer doesn't want the BoI credit card? They sent me a credit card which I never asked for. Their correspondence states that if I'm "happy" with this I don't have to do anything, but never explains what to do if I don't want it. Seems strange that this is opt-out rather than opt-in.

I cancelled my KBC credit card but it was obviously after KBC had sent my details on so I received a card from BOI.

They have a specific FAQ for KBC customers on their website.

They say there that I should just destroy my new card as it won't be activated.

This is the closest answer I can see to your query

We appreciate that you may not want to accept BOI’s T&Cs. If this is the case, you’ll need to make arrangements with KBC to close your KBC account before the service transfer date. The service transfer date will be no earlier than 08 February 2023. We’ll write to you shortly after the service transfer date to confirm when it occurred. If you do not close your account before you get a communication confirming the service transfer date, we’ll take this to mean that you have accepted BOI’s T&Cs.

So cancel with KBC. You will need to pay the €30 stamp duty.

Make sure to get the letter from KBC confirming closure of the account and payment of the stamp duty, or you'll be paying another 30 quid come 1 April with your new provider.

Back