Don't want a wall mount, just a normal shelved stand

colin79ie

Hi,

Having decided on a new TV (Sony Bravia), I would like to get rid of my old stand which holds my DVD player, sky box etc, and would like a nice new one. I have seen them in shops locally to buy with the tvs. My problem is that I plan to buy my tv online at Komplett but I don't see any of these type stands there, only wall mounts. Does anyone know where these are available?

Hi,

Having decided on a new TV (Sony Bravia)

Hi Colin,

What Bravia model did you go for in the end?

I am going to Newry next week to pick up the Toshiba 32C3030D from Curry`s.

Check out some Argos prices on TV stands

[broken link removed]

I have not settled on a model yet, but have settled on a rough budget of max 1100. Does anyone recommend one particular model or any other feedback. Are Sony Baravia the 'bees nees' when it comes to LCD's?

Just be careful Gebbel that it works in the republic. may be different now but when i moved back from England brought back two TV's ut couldn't get them to work properly here. Could only tune in two of the four irish channels. those problems may be sorted now.

Are Sony Baravia the 'bees nees' when it comes to LCD's?

Sony is accepted to be a top class manufacturer of all electronic appliances, including LCD TVs. This, however, should not fool us into believing there are no others. In terms of the Bravia models, Sony spent a fortune advertising them and this is obviously having the desired effect on peoples` thinking (and purchasing!).

In short, Sony do make good LCD TVs but then again so do Sharp, Panasonic, Toshiba, LG, Samsung.........................:)

Don`t base your final decision on the brand name. Factor in price, aesthetics etc

Last edited:
Just be careful gebbel that it works in the republic

Thanks for the advice Thrifty....

Rang Curry`s in Newry today and put your concern to them. They assured me that all newer models can receive signals from our broadcast bands. Only older models had a problem.

Hoping it was a long time ago when you came back home :)

Hi,

Having decided on a new TV (Sony Bravia), I would like to get rid of my old stand which holds my DVD player, sky box etc, and would like a nice new one. I have seen them in shops locally to buy with the tvs. My problem is that I plan to buy my tv online at Komplett but I don't see any of these type stands there, only wall mounts. Does anyone know where these are available?

Harvey Norman do decent tempered glass stands with 3 shelves that hold a lot - We have a tv, dvd player, chorus box, digisender, laserdisc, lp player, 3 speakers and a couple of dvd boxsets all tucked onto one.

Back