Donnycarney - south of Collins Avenue

newirishman

Hi,
I am currently looking at one or two place in Donnycarney, south of Collins Avenue (west of Malahide road).

I am not too familiar with the area - anyone an idea around the people there, any anti-social behaviour things, schools, creches, etc.?

Much appreciated

It’s a pretty nice area.

Fantastic bus service into the city centre down the Malahide Road and Killester Dart Station is about 15 minutes walk, maybe less.

Nearest schools are St. Davids in Artane and there is a girls school in Artane but I don’t know the exact name. Both seem to have good reputations. St. David’s is huge and loads of playing pitches.
There is a tennis court run by the council nearby too.

Don’t know about crèches.

You will get local kids hanging around the Statoil petrol station but they won’t bother you though you might be asked to get cigarettes. Not worth worrying about.

Oh, maybe you should amend the title to include Dublin, not everyone will know where this area is

donnycarney is a nice (but expensive imo) area. it used to have a bit of a rep but all of that is long gone now. you are close to amenities of clontarf and town, good schools as mentioned above and even more so at griffith avenue.

lived there before and main problem was on street parking due to matches in parnell pk.