Donnybrook or Midleton, Cork?

BK2

I own an apartment in broomfield in Midleton which I am selling. I have seen a house in Donnybrook, Cork which I like but because my apartment is not sold yet I don't know if an offer will be accepted. Anyway I notice that there is not much difference in price between Donnybrook, Douglas and Midleton. I am not from Cork and quite like Midleton and wonder if trading up to a house which would be better Donnybrook, Douglas or Midleton. I like both areas but Donnybroook is a lot closer to town but maybe it is not considered a great spot ??

I'm in broomfield as well, and quite like it htere generally speaking, however if I had the chance to live in Douglas or Donnybrook I would probably take it. Of course that depends on the exact sitaution etc. Midleton is a ncie friendly town, but I prefer city living. I would think in terms of commute there wouldn't a be a huge difference at peak times as douglas gets quite congested.

I live in Donnybrook, unless you worked in Midleton I can't see why you'd possibly want to live that far away from the city! I think Donnybrook is far out from town ;)

it woudl depend on where you work. if you live in midleton and must cross the city mornin gand evening to work, then Douglas may be the place to move to. if you work at the midleton side of Cork, then you would be totally insane to move to Douglas.

Capital appreciation is probably the same, if not a little better in Midleton at the moment due to the forthcoming (within the next few years at least) rail link.

well i live in D'Brook and love it so for me there is no contest. There is a bus service into town that is very good and although far out it is considered in the city - take a look at the city maps - so for holding its value its just as good as up and coming places like Midleton. Midleton is nice but for a night out in the city a pain (i lived there for a time). It depends on your situation, traffic in Donnybrook is not nice from 8-9.30 every morning and in the evenings 5-6 and be mindful of Douglas being a place where people shop and go out so saturdays it is chocka as well. Also take a good look at the house in particular - some are far nicer (and newer) than others. Good luck.

Back