Donnelly car sales? formerly of Dublin now in Sallins Co Kildare

angela59

Hi,

There has anyone dealt with or heard anything about Donnelly car sales - he is now based in Kildare - used to be Dublin.

Would appreciate any replies

Angela59

Re: Donnelly car sales?

Where exactly were they based in Dublin?

Hi,

They were based in either inchicore or longmile road.

Angela59

Bought used Saab from them nearly 4 years ago. Still running well.Seems to be a reputable family run operation. I recall that they had plans to relocate to Kildare from Inchacore .

Last edited:

Hi Sallins,

Thanks for that - you are correct they were in inchicore and have relocated to sallins. How do you find the saab? My husband is trying to change his car because of high tax to either a saab or jaguar x type - 2008 car for lower tax.

Many thanks for reply

angela59

Angela59 - I'd be wary of a recommendation from a single post user whose username is the same as the location of the relocated business. My recommendation is to buy from an SIMI registered garage - they're not all perfect by any means but at least there's an organisation with a reputation to protect to pursue if things go wrong. If a dealer isn't an SIMI menber you should start by asking why - some might have good reason but the more compelling reason is when the SIMI won't have them.

My user name Sallins is because I went to Sallins National school in the fifties. I have two Saab automatic 9-3s. The 99 reg. I bought from Donnelly at about 40k miles. It now has 85 K miles. Second is 2002 reg I imported from UK two years ago at total cost to me including VRT of €14000 at 8000 miles. Now has 20k miles. I previously drove 5 series BMW but found as I got older cars were getting too big for me in particular harder to park. I find Saab has all comfort of BMW but easier to handle. Is Heavy on gas though.

Anyone buying bargain hard on the fact that sterling is only 94 now.

Any car you look find equivealnt on www.usedcarsni.com

convert to euro and get a vrt qoute online.

Then go into to local garage armed with this info.