Donabate

A

ACE Ltd

Thinking of moving into this area but have heard mixed reports. Any opinions out there?

have a look at www.donabateportrane.com if you need specific questions i.e childcare, schools etc answered.

We live just up the road in portrane and absolutely love the area. I get the train into town in the morning and it only takes 20 mins. The village itself is quite small but it has most things you need. The main bonus is the fantastic amenities nearby. Donabate and Portrane beach are gorgeous, and there is also Newbridge House and grounds.

Only downside being the scrum to get on the already packed trains in the morning.

yes some of the trains are packed - especially the ones that time with school runs.. but i get a train just after eight o clock that goes direct to connolly. I always have spaces to park in in the car park, and while I never get a seat it is never too cramped. I find it excellent.

I'm a Donabate blow-in, like 90% of the people here, and I find the people in the area are really friendly. Train is busy, but they all are into Dublin. Schools are a problem in the area. There are not enough.

I live in Rush and love the place, however, my sister lives in Donabate and says it's a great spot with great community spirit.

Back