Donabate

Lulu123

Thinking of moving to Donabate (if we can get sale agreed on our house)
Anyone any recommendations of housing estates. Looked at one in Beverton and one is Somerton. Does anybody know of these areas, are they good/bad etc

thanks

I know Somerton, it is a lovely estate. Very family oriented. Perfect if you have kids, if not you may feel a little out of it? Think they organise street parties in the summer etc.. (friend who lives there mentioned that).

I got always get a very congested feel off Somerton, Beverton not so much in the early days but they have extended way out the back. I used to live in Donabate when there was 2 or 3 estates and it was nice, now I pretty much hate the place. Also noticed the estate beside Hazelbrooke (sp?) and backing onto Somerton has been victim of anti social behaviour. Dont even get me started on the apartment complex behind Supervalu.

Still the cliff way from Portrance to Donabate remains a pleasent feature.

I live in Beverton .Have been living in Donabate for the last 9 years.Donabate is getting built up ,trafic .crowed trains ect But show me a area that is not.Every area has a problem with bad planning .Anyway we have a small green outside our house which is always full of kids playing because it is safe and there perents can watch out for them. The area is very quite .We tend to get the train (6min) to Malahide at the weekend for a few drinks and a bit to eat, malahide has everything and is just down the road.Myself and my wife have really enjoyed living in Donabate ,you have the best of both world's the small rural village and are close to town.Hope this helps a bit.
Cheers
!Ray

Hi

I live in Donabate in Beverton actually moved in last aug after a longer than usual wait and i can say the place is fantastic the village is lovely there is so much to see and do, newbridge is stunning for scenery and also activities with the playground (not that i use it myself) the farm, house and general grounds, the beach is only 4-5 mins from the house by car 25 mins walking, there are more houses going up but for me it is still relatively ok in terms of new builds compared to almost anywere else in dublin, i mean it cetainly is no lucan or swords with houses on every patch of land especialyl consideering how much green there is in donabate all in all it is the best move we ever made

Thanks for all your information. Now just waiting for the right house in Beverton to come up.Does anyone know of the plans for more houses behind Beverton?

Back