Dominican republic?

racso

I know it's bit late to be asking this but has anyone ever been to the dominican republic? Going there on the 2nd of JAn for honeymoon. Any reccomendations of things to do or places to see there? Also is it better to bring euro or dollar? cheers

We spent our honeymoon there. 9 days in Punta Cana and then bus journey to Santo Domingo where we stayed for 5 days. We stayed at the Sofitel which was very impressive. Its a Former Govenor's mansion (Nicolas De Ovando - Columbus's son was also gov) across the road from Hernan Cortes's house. Santo Domingo is very interesting good restaurants Lots to see. Would recommend Pirates museum. Also nightclub set up in a fomer underground bat cave.

Went to the Dominican Rep in May 05 just the end of rainy season - weather was fantastic and everything. Stayed in the north of the island, as we flew in to Puerto Plato.. Must say there wasnt an awful lot to do there, but if you are going for a relaxing and i stress relaxing im sure you will enjoy it. We found with the resort of Playa Dorada, it was very quiet.
The beaches were nice but lots of coral in the water, so we had to walk quiet a bit to get a spot with clear water.. the locals on the beach will completely try to fleece you ... beware ... they were trying to charge us 8usd for a coconut!! unreal!! not great for shopping either ... Sosua is another resort supposed to be worth taking a trip into. .. didnt do it myself... i highly recommend you take the buggies and do a trip up some mountain tracks... it was an eye opener.. to see how the locals actually live.... your hotel should organise it....

Back