dollar verses euro

trader66

Will be exchanging few thousand euro to dollars and was wondering what is the general consensis with the fall in value with the dollar, Could the value of the dollar weaken more as the year goes on or can anyone see the dollar rise withinn the next few months. would now be best time to exchange or should i hold off a couple more months to get best exchange rate.

Trader.....if you're not in a major need for funds, I'd batten down the hatches & prepare to wait, albeit for a considerable amount of time, for the dollar to strengthen. I'm in a similar situation wrt to sterling & while I readily admit to being no expert, I do think currency values experience cycles like general markets. I'm hoping to keep my stg on deposit until rates improve in the future. Can't afford to wait forever, but hopefully the Eurozone will begin cutting rates later in 08 & the current differential will lessen.

Hi Trader66,

Apparently the dollar is going to weaken further this month. The Euro is predicted to reach a historical high. It will come down but very slowly. Personally i would wait a month then see if it levels off. You don't want to be stuck with a load of dollars that are worth less than you paid.

This is my own humble opinion.....

Yes - most see the dollar going to 1.60 and some are predicting even further. If you can wait, then hold off for a few weeks.

Back