Dog peeing on solid walnut floor!

S

swordshead

Sorry for the gross question at this hour of the morning, but i have a little dog whos 12 years old! She normally lives with the parents as ive just bought an apartment which is not really suitable for her to live in full time! Ive had her around in the apartment on the occassional week since ive moved in a few months ago! Theres brand new solid walnut flooring down in the sitting room on which she has peed in the same spot numerous times (shes brought out 4-5 times daily to go outside but she still manages to have some accidents)! My question is, how damaging is this to the wood and if some planks had to be replaced is this a massive job (floor is glued)!

If you go to a pet shop you can get sented sheets and lay one down where teh dog pees. after a few times move the new sheet nearer the exit where you want it to pee.. That is what we did with ours and worked a treat...

Maybe it doesn't like the decor?
Possibility!
Im not really asking about the whole toilet training technique..shes 12 im not expecting miracles..i just need to know how much moisture a solid floor can withstand before its ruined!

it can withstand a fair bit before being ruined - clean up asap after finding any accidents, there is a bottle of stuff sold in pet shops (big yellow bottle - name escapes me) which is very good and also "urine off" - but I'm not sure how widely available urine off is - but it is also very good