Dog Kennels

Concert

Have been using the same kennels for the past five years but am not a very happy customer at the moment. We have two big dogs which we would put into kennels whenever we are away. I have just returned from a trip abroad with friends so we decidesd to just put in one dog for 2 nights as my husband would be at home and take care of the other dog. Dog was left into kennels between 11 and 12 on a monday and collected between 5 and 6 on Wednesday at a charge of 46 euro for one dog. Now this kennel is known to be expensive but cant see how he can justify this. There seems to be no set charges. Should there be ? Going away as family for few days in Jan so think we will look elsewhere.

thats a bit irish alrite, the lady who i use charges twelve euro per night and she provides the food along with walking him daily.

I've seen kennels advertised for €15 per day so €46 isn't totally off the wall. Although your dog only spent 2 nights in the kennel, the space was occupied for 3 days (i.e. another dog couldn't use it), so maybe that's why the cost was so high? I recall using a cattery that did this - charges were per 24 hour period not per night (bit like the airport carpark!).

What were you paying for your 2 dogs up to now? Maybe there was a special offer for both dogs together and you didn't realise it until you left in one dog only?

Back