does willie o'dea have to read a resignation speech in dail?

Well I also think that he comes across as an eejit as it happens but I take your point.

Fair enough, I'm pulling back now for fear that people think I'm walking around wearing I heart WoD T-shirts.

I think WOD's problem was that he was using confidential information and if he stayed it would have got worse.

It's unfair to tar him with the eejit tag as we have to accept that it is the electorate that are the eejits and as long as they behave as such we will have a shower in power for evermore.

noah

You might want to check out his accountancy qualification before you go much further.

I'm miss him. My missus used to crack up laughing every time his moustached face came on the news.

You might want to check out his accountancy qualification before you go much further.

I'm miss him. My missus used to crack up laughing every time his moustached face came on the news.

He's still a TD. He hasn't gone away you know.....

Don't say - another accountant of the Bertie mould? He, also, never seems to have denied that he was qualified. Is that a lie by omission?

I'm just going by news reports, i've no interest in delving into his background.

FWIW (i.e. probably not much), I heard that he got the exams for both but never practiced as an accountant or solicitor/barrister.

Now that may be rubbish, but it would add up as to how he could be so "loose" with his affidavit etc., if the law was really ingrained in him surely he wouldnt have left himself that exposed.

For all the giving out, and there's no denying this latest episode is v v poor form, at least there's no suggestion he was 'on the make' himself. That Ray Burke/Charlie/Liam Lawlor style gougery is the real affront in my book.

For all the giving out, and there's no denying this latest episode is v v poor form, at least there's no suggestion he was 'on the make' himself. That Ray Burke/Charlie/Liam Lawlor style gougery is the real affront in my book.
Unfortunately that's the standard we've set for ourselves. It's not really much of a saving grace.

From my reading of the case he was responding to accusations from Sinn Fein that he had written on government headed notepaper to people who had applied for planning permission. They had not applied to WOD for permission but to the local authority but Willie had written to them assuring them of his efforts on their behalf. He may not have been on the make as we understand the expression but it was for his benefit only