does visa debit provide the same protection as a visa

Frank

Booked a holiday for next year

Using my Visa to pay the deposit attraceted a healthy charge.

If I use my Visa Debit

1. do I get the same protections as with visa if the company goes bust?
2. will attract the same charges?

Ideally I am hoping to pay off over the coming months.

If you use Visa debit then the money has to be there now anyway so what do you mean pay off over coming months.

I mean save the few bob and pay off the holiday in a few shots.

I don't want to be charged visa cards charges each time though.

I would like to have to protection that visa offers.

I am aware that the visa debit is basically an upgraded laser card.

You need to check the T&C's. Most banks should have this online, or a brochure from the branch.

Looked at the PTSB site

Seems to be they my be able to help get money back if for example something does not get get delivered.

You can request a charge back on a Visa Debit Card.

In terms of paying off a holiday, you would need to lodge to your account and then make a payment with the card. You can only spend your available balance on your current account.

I am aware of the need to have funds behind visa debit card.

I get the debit concept.

Just wanted to know more so about whether the same protection was offered by the visa debit as a standard debit card without the annoying charges.

Nature of the current climate I suppose.
Business' have a tendency to shut down
Like everyone I am more aware of even small charges.

Just wanted to know more so about whether the same protection was offered by the visa debit as a standard debit card without the annoying charges.
I had to go down the road of a chargeback on a visa debit card through Halifax (when they were in IRL). One of their droids did the best he could to tell me that I didn't have the same protection as a visa CC. Long protracted drawn out process involving visa europe and then Halifaxes fraud dept. (again they were doing their best to palm me off) but ultimately, they paid out. So if you ever have your bank suggest this in the even of needing a chargeback, don't take their word for it!