Does the Olympia in Dublin enforce the OVER 18 rule

JP1234

We want to go and see Bill Bailey in June but according to Ticketmaster the show is Over 18's. I presume this is something to do with the venue being licenced as it doesn't appear to be the case at any other of his shows. My son is just short of 16 (but looks a few years older anyway) and would be attending with us. Does anyone know how rigid they are on the "Over 18 -ID required" rule.?He has attended gigs and shows with us at licenced venues before but they all just stated that under 18's must be accompanied by an adult so it was never an issue.

I don't want to fork out almost €100 for tickets to find we can't get in on the night.

Thanks

Hi JP,

In my experience it totally depends on the night. If your son is going to be with you, they might be lenient, but he was going with a group of friends he mightn't be so lucky.

Perhaps you could contact the Olympia directly and see what they say, rather than being disappointed on the night? I've seen under 18's being turned away from the venue but they were unaccompanied.

Enjoy the show