Does Homebond cover a leak through ceiling?

jrewing

I am 2 years in my house, which is covered by a 10 year Homebond guarantee. Today, I found a small amount of water on the floor downstairs, and discovered that the ceiling (which is directly under the bath) had a large wet patch.

I am waiting for the builder to come to have a look at it, but am sure that it must be due to a leaking pipe under the bath.

Will the repair of this be covered by Homebond?

I doubt it. Homebond only cover serious structural flaws that the builder will not correct and even then it can be difficult to get them to do this! However check with your lender (if they currently hold the deeds) and see if you can get a look at the Homebond documentation (e.g. HB47 certificate) included with the deeds and check if that clarifies matters.

Phone Homebond and ask them. As far as I know, leaks are covered for two years from the time that the roof goes on (and I guess that they mean leaks from the outside) - not from the time that you buy the house. The other 8 years just cover subsidence and the like. That's what they told me but its over 5 years ago and my memory may not be exact. Homebond is more concerned with structural issues - plumbing is unlikely to be included.

Back