Does full re-wire of a house include plastering up afterwards??

Ciaraella

Hi all,
we're getting a full re-wire of our house done. House is around 30 years old and walls will be chased (if this is the right word) to put in the wires. Does anyone know if the electricians will then plaster over where they've broken through the walls? I initially thought they'd have to do a basic patch up job but now not so sure,
Thanks!

I'm having work done on the house at the moment including a full re-wire. The builder will be patching up after the electrician and as far as I know, the electrician never does it. You normally have to get a plasterer in.

Thanks

Ask the electrician. If there's a plasterer or builder on site the electrician will almost never do this. But if not, as in the case of a rewire that's happening without other general renovations, many electricians would either do the work themselves or arrange for someone else to do it.

Hi, on our house re-wire the electrician did it, but it was not a great job in some spots. If you don't have a plasterer coming in for other work I'd personally recommend getting a plasterer to do it for you.

Electrician myself and would recomend a plasterer.If u don't have a builder on site get a plasterer urself.

Hi,

I'm getting a house rewired too. I think the finish depends on the electrician. The guy who will be doing the work, a one-man-operation, told me he fills in the chasing but it's not to a perfectly skimmed standard. He leaves a small gap for skimming by a plasterer (or me if I feel like having a go). I had another quote from a larger company. They get a plasterer in to give a perfect finish but the quote was about €2000 dearer!

gnubbit,
Would you mind pming the details of the guy doing your rewire and what its costing you. We need to do a total rewire soon on a 4 bed and looking for recommendations.
Thanks a lot.
Lulu123

I do a lot of rewires and it would work out cheaper in the long run for the customer to get a plasterer in,i can do it but it would be an extra and i am a bit slower than a professional plasterer.