Does customer service actually exist?

gramlab

Recently had a problem with my monitored alarm and foolishly rang to complain and maybe get some sadisfaction. After a few minutes of ''conversation'' I was told they could send me out the form for disconnection if I wanted.

This seems to be the way with almost anything you buy or make use of these days. What happened to the idea of keeping your existing customers happy because its hard to replace them :mad:

Same thing happened to me with Eircom. Rang to complain after my ISDN package being disconnected for the third time in a month for no reason and was offered the same option. Courtesy of one of the other posters here- I had the email address of the MD and logged a written complaint, advising of the 'option' given to me by his- NAMED- customer service rep. Got an apology, and a free bill and eventually the package reconnected.

I think the problem is the disconnection many employees feel with the business - i.e. they cant see beyond their salary which they are getting no matter what, so 'nothing in it for them' how customers feel.

Solutions?

1. Performance measures linked to pay that encourage customer satisfaction/discourage dissatisfaction.

2. Hire people who are suited.

Both easier said than done I'm sure.

Betsy Og said:
I think the problem is the disconnection many employees feel with the business - i.e. they cant see beyond their salary which they are getting no matter what, so 'nothing in it for them' how customers feel.

Solutions?

1. Performance measures linked to pay that encourage customer satisfaction/discourage dissatisfaction.

2. Hire people who are suited.

Both easier said than done I'm sure.

Along with the above;
3. Sack people who have a bad attitude and don't take their job seriously as they put their workmates at risk.

Many companys don't care about their employess and in turn the employess don't care about the company,is anyone really surprised.

In an open market companies that don't care about their employees, who are more important than their customers, go out of business. It's the arguement for competition and against monopolies.

Back