Does anyone read TheJournal.ie?

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I had a look at it now for the first time. I don't get the point of it.

If I want news, I can get it from The Irish Times website or the RTE website. It must be a lot cheaper for them to produce it than for the journal to produce it

Am I missing something?

Does it not harvest (i.e. a 'best of') from all of the leading media?

If so is it promoting itself maybe as a one stop shop? The only news site you could ever need type of thing.

I don't read it, I've never gone to the site

But it's good on twitter. It just takes stories from different sources and puts them on twitter.

I've looked at it a few times, relatively new I think.
It seems to be a mix of own content & content from else where?
I think it's from the same people who did daft.ie, which I didn't get at the beginning either but has since been very successful!

If I want news, I can get it from The Irish Times website or the RTE website. It must be a lot cheaper for them to produce it than for the journal to produce it

Am I missing something?
If you're only reading RTÉ and the Irish times, then I would say yes.
Some people would suggest that RTÉ could be biased. Consider how they are funded.
I prefer to read a variety of news sites.

I think it's from the same people who did daft.ie, which I didn't get at the beginning either but has since been very successful!
I think they share a building or office with boards.ie, near the Radisson Golden Lane.

Check thestory.ie for more original source information, including lots and lots of FOI requests.