Does anybody think that Mary Harney gave Michael McDowell a "Poisoned Chalice"?

liteweight

Does anybody think that Mary Harney gave Michael McDowell a poisoned chalice. I wonder did she know the axe was about to fall and bailed out??

Re: Poisoned Chalice?

Nah. Too many mixed metaphors to be plausible...

I could never vote for her party, but I had more respect for her than for most of the others. If you're right, it's just increased.

Who says all political careers end in failure..?

Ok, upon reading it again...I'll give you the mixed metaphors!

But if she did know, imagine...she gives up the role of Tanaiste to devote herself to health. Could this be cutehoorism at it's best??

"All political careers end in failure" was a phrase quoted by the politician, Enoch Powell.a man whom I suspect,would probably be an admirer of our present Tanaiste..

d

Wasn't Geraldine Kennedy (IT editor) a member of the PDs? I would not have been at all suprised if Ms Harney was tipped off ...

Wasn't Geraldine Kennedy (IT editor) a member of the PDs? I would not have been at all suprised if Ms Harney was tipped off ...

You could be right! I think we'll have to rename you Miss Money Penny!

enoch powell,had they listened to him years ago
when he objected to the number of immigrants the then government in the UK were letting in, things would be a lot safer and better there, than they are now,his morals may have been wrong but his politics were right, i think so anyway