Does any underfloor heating heat up quickly?

C

cath99

I want to install underfloor heating in my bathroom (under slate) but the products I have seen so far take more than an hour to heat up - does anyone know of any underfloor heating that heats quicker than this?
Thanks

Second Guatama - No.

Underfloor heating generally takes longer to heat. And longer to cool down. If your wanting instant heat your talking about a gas fire, wood fire etc.

I would be happy with an hour but I was lead to understand that it takes about 3 hours and so was ruling it out. Can anyone who has it installed tell me that theirs heats up in an hour.
The dry underfloor heating system is supposed to heat faster. Does anyone have this and does it work.
Thanks

Unless you go for undertile heating, it's electric and since your only going to place it in the bathroom, this system would be perfect!

The time taken to heat up depends on the thickness of the screed, the spacing of the pipework and volume and temp of the water flowing through the system and the setting (heating curve) you have requested from the control panel. Mine takes approx. 3 hours to heat the 100mm from 15C to 35C.

Back